Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Procrastination Fun

It is the end of March, which means it is time to revisit my March goals (for background on this see here and here). It also means that I have been doing this goal setting process for 1/4 of a year now! I think this means its time to share how I'm doing so far. I made a graph for this purpose. For each month "n" is the total number of goals that I set for each month. The blue represents the portion of those goals that I successfully completed, the yellow represents the portion of goals that were not completed, and the green represents the portion of my goals that I made some progress on, but did not complete. I am glad to see such a positive trend in my successes, however, I am disappointed that my "failures" rate is not decreasing. I am hoping by the end of the year to have a large enough data set to do some statistics with. I do like checking in at the end of each month with myself and seeing how I am going. Maybe I should add to the analysis types of goals (ie fitness, academic, relaxation, life maintenence, friends/family). It would be interesting to see if I am better at certain types of goals than other.

Ok... thats enough procrastination for now. Stay tuned for more super-nerdy analysis of my goals (or SNAMG for short)!

No comments:

Post a Comment