Monday, February 1, 2010

a new month and a new semester

One month ago I decided to do monthly goals and self-check-ins rather than make new years resolutions. It is time to see how I did with my January goals.

Overall I would say not too well. Of my 10 goals I partially accomplished 3 of them, partially failed at 2, and totally failed at the rest. As I expected, I did not have nearly as much time for myself as I thought I would. However, this was just month one, and the overall goal was to set more realistic goals. So, now it is time to decide what I will accomplish in February. I have made 7 goals for myself that should be doable. 2 have to do with family. 2 have to do with work. 1 is fitness related (sort of a 3-in-1 goal). 1 is to keep my room clean and organize stacks of papers that have accumulated over the last months, and the last is to write at least 6 blog posts. So far I like the monthly goal setting.

The academic semester has started up and my schedule already seems much busier than last semester. This is primarily because there is lots of lab work to be done before our summer research cruise. I am struggling with the voodoo-like nature of molecular biology, and really hope that things start working out soon! Everyone tells me that this is just the way it goes... you mess up a bunch of times, and then, magically, it works. I am really looking forward to being able to say "it worked!". Some day soon, hopefully...




No comments:

Post a Comment