Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rainy Day Therapy

If you ask most people around me it is miserable out... cold, rainy, dreary. If it were a bit colder it would be a wonderful snow storm and a good way to end the winter. But, it is raining, raining, raining. The wilderness instructor in me calls this "prime hyperthermia weather". However, I am not in the wilderness, and I do not have to worry about hyperthermia when indoors is always nearby, so I propose a radical notion... it is actually wonderful out. Don't believe me? Follow these steps on your next walk home in the cold rain and enjoy experiencing the elements, the feel of your cold damp skin, and appreciate your warm home when you get there.

1. Walk with a friend
2. Skip until you get warm
3. Stamp in every puddle you pass trying to get your friend wet, make sure they do the same to you
4. Laugh loudly, try to laugh so loudly that people hunched over near you look up and maybe appreciate the experience, just a little bit

No comments:

Post a Comment