Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The First Entry

As I head out on my journey towards doctorhood lots of folks have expressed interest in keeping tabs on what I am up to.  In the past I have not felt like I had much to blog about, but I hope this will be a way take past students and co-workers, friends and family, and who knows who else along for the ride.  I will write about life as a grad student in Cambridge, all of the exciting scientific discoveries I am (hopefully) going to make, as well the side tracks I am sure to wander down.

Currently I am trying to pack up my life here in Texas for the big move back east.  I am trying to leave my classroom and teaching materials in good shape for my replacement, get everything loaded up at home, make time to hang out with everyone before I leave, and not melt in the summer heat!   I accomplished the following today: the road trip back is planned...

1- Nashville, TN
2- Mammoth Cave National Park, KY (6 hour Wild Cave Tour!)
3- Shenandoah National Park, VA 
4- Washington DC
5- Middletown, CT
6- back in Boston!

This is exciting because I am going to travel through quite a few states I have not visited.  The debate to ponder this evening is whether to ship my kayak back East, or bring it with my on the car so I can Kayak in Mammoth Cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment